Weather Decision Technologies and Totally Interactive Weather Team Up to Help Online Media Clients Turn Weather Data Expenses into Revenue Generators
By : Weather Decision Technologies
Posted Sep 24, 10:40 to News
Immersive Ad Unit Combining Consumer-Friendly Weather Data with Interactive Ad Message Turns Publisher Expense Line Item into Revenue Stream
NORMAN, OK & ST PAUL, MN – September 24, 2012 - Weather Decision Technologies (WDT), the leading high technology weather data provider and Totally Interactive Weather, LLC (TiWi), the only digital ad network offering a fully integrated, weather-based advertising platform, have agreed to co-market services to enable online media clients to create new revenue streams..
The new package of services offered to WDT’s vast roster of media properties’ websites around the nation will include TiWi’s proprietary Weather Widget (300x250, shown on right) and Weather Window (772x375, shown below) -- immersive ad units combining consumer-friendly weather data and interactive and relevant advertising messaging – as well as WDT’s iMap radar map with ad adjacencies. All weather data throughout the package will be powered by WDT.
“For more than a decade, WDT has built a reputation as an industry leader trusted by not only media outlets but by government, industrial and military clients who use their data to make lifesaving decisions,” said Andy Dahl, TiWi CEO. “We are thrilled to partner with them and to earn the trust of their media clients and enable them to make new revenue generating decisions as well.”
"This mutually beneficial partnership with TiWi will deliver to customers an integrated display solution utilizing WDTs superior weather data," Says Mike Eilts, President & CEO of Weather Decision Technologies. "Innovative sources of revenue generation such as TiWi's solution will position both companies as partners to media properties by creating growth in new ways."
For Publishers, TiWi is known for turning what used to be a budget expense line into a revenue stream. To date, more than 380 media websites have capitalized on TiWi’s unique ability to deliver best-in-class weather data to consumers while also generating revenue by allowing advertisers to reach those consumers at pivotal daily decision-making points without redirecting visitors off-site. For Advertisers, TiWi serves as a device enabling them to establish daily relevancy by leveraging weather, and virtually any weather variable, with a weather triggered ad. For example, iced beverage ads have been delivered only at times and places where the temperature rises to a specified degree. Frizz controlling hair care product messages can be delivered based on high humidity levels, when they happen.
WDT is the world's most advanced value-added weather content provider, counting as clients most of the United States' leading weather services and interactive media outlets, as well as governmental, industrial and military weather customers from all over the world. WDT’s operational processing systems are located in a state-of-the-art, hardened, secure facility with redundant power, cooling, and network connectivity. With multiple Internet paths, fully redundant NOAA Port receivers, and a direct feed of full-volume raw radar data from all US and Canadian radar sites, their data ingest is designed for maximum reliability. This has allowed WDT to be certified by the Federal Aviation Administration as a Qualified Internet Communications Provider (QICP) for weather information.
About Totally Interactive Weather, LLC (TiWi)
Founded by the country’s longest running on-air weather personality, Dave Dahl and his digital savvy, entrepreneurial son, Andy Dahl, TiWi is a leading national digital media organization blending innovative weather technologies with advanced advertising capabilities. TiWi’s mission is to deliver the most engaging, interactive and productive advertising and weather to online and mobile visitors. Our other Tools are utilized by over 380 newspaper, television and radio web sites to deliver value-add content to their visitors. The Weather Tools also provide a unique ad space for advertisers to effectively extend their reach of existing offline and online campaigns and maximize ad spend return. With over 2.0 million unique visitors each month, ads are presented to viewers who are in “active search mode” and arriving to ads on purpose – not randomly web surfing for entertainment. For more information about TiWi, please visit www.mytiwi.com.
About Weather Decision Technologies®, Inc. (WDT)
Founded in 2000, Weather Decision Technologies is a high technology leader in the weather industry, providing life-safety applications and weather decision support services and systems to our partners and customers. WDT's iMap® services provide dynamic, web-based and mobile interactive mapping solutions for the world's leading local media companies. WDT maintains operational offices in Norman, Oklahoma, and Atlanta, Georgia. Corporate websites: wdtinc.com, weatherops.com and weatherforensics.com.
Latest from News
- Latest iMap® Weather Radio helps individuals prepare for the dangerous storm season upon us
- AgriCharts partners with WDT® to provide iMap® dynamic and interactive weather content
- HailExpress HD™ Offers Hail Reports at Lightning Speed
- iMap Weather Radio Proven To Be Life Saver
- WDT Acquires Base Velocity's Best-Selling RadarScope® Suite of Apps, Expands Mobile Development Team
- Weather Decision Technologies and Earth Networks Partner to Power Advanced Lightning and Severe Weather Alerting Solutions
- iMapWeather Radio and RadarScope Apps Recommended Last Minute Gifts
- WDT to Acquire Base Velocity's Best-Selling RadarScope Suite of Apps, Hires Mobile Development Team
- Realtree Offers Free Outdoor Weather App For iPhone, iPod and iPad
- Metro 50 Award Goes to Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. for the 7th Time
- Hurricane Irene—Forecasting the Impact of Historic Rainfall Levels in iMap
- Hurricane Irene Live NHC Briefings begin Today, Thursday, August 25, 2011
- Live Video Briefings from the National Hurricane Center Now Accessible on Over 600 iMap® Interactive Local Media Hurricane Maps and on iPhones Nationwide
- WDT Launches Hurricane Weatherman—the World's First Reality Weather Game for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Aerialogics Offers Integrated Property-by-Property Hail Data with their Aerial Roof Measurement Reports
- HailTrax Celebrates 10 Years as Gold Standard for Hail Verification for Roofers and Insurance Carriers
- Location-Based Services Helps Power iMapWeather Radio App, Delivering Voice and Text Emergency Alerts Based On A Users Exact Location
- WDT Unveils POLARIS Revolutionary Dual-Pol Weather Radar Hazardous Weather Depiction Solution with Full Super-Resolution
- Be Prepared this Hurricane Season: iMap®Weather Radio App for Hurricanes Now Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Gearing Up for an Active Hurricane Season, iMap® Hurricane Solution Gives Local Media and Enterprises Vital Tools for News Coverage and Resource Protection
- iMap Weather Radio app aids spread of weather crisis data
- iMapWeather Radio FREE Day Hits 185,000 Downloads
- New Severe Weather Warning App, iMapWeather Radio, Free For One Day Only on May 19th
- iMap®Weather Radio App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Now Available
- iMapStream Live on CNN
- Weather Decision Technologies Turbocharges Broadcasters’ Online, Live, Mobile, and Social Weather Content at NAB 2011
- New iMap®Weather Radio App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Unveiled at CTIA
- Aerialogics Selects Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. as Technology Partner; Aerial Measurement Reports to Include ‘HailHistory’ Weather Forensics Data
- WDT, Coaches Aid and Touchstone Energy Cooperatives of Oklahoma Partner to Provide iMap® Live Streaming Video to High Schools
- Managing Hail Storms Just Got Easier for Roofers