WDT Releases RadarScope 1.9 for iOS and RadarScope 1.3 for Mac
By : Weather Decision Technologies
Posted May 31, 2012 10:40 to News
Celebrating new release with discounted rate.
NORMAN, OK, May 31, 2012 - Weather industry leader Weather Decision Technologies® has released the latest versions of the premium RadarScope app for iPhone, iPad and Mac. To celebrate the release, RadarScope for Mac has been reduced from $29.99 to $19.99 and is available in the App Store at this price until June 3rd.
RadarScope is one of the top grossing premium weather apps in the App Store and Google Play offering radar data retrieval and display of weather radar products at lightning fast speed. New in the latest iOS and Mac versions are Super Resolution (250m x 0.5˚) reflectivity and velocity for 128 radar sites that currently distribute super resolution data. In addition, high resolution vertically integrated liquid, enhanced echo tops and support for one-minute TDWR products is included.
"RadarScope was the first app to introduce native NEXRAD Level 3 data on a handheld device. We're thrilled to now also be the first to provide native super-resolution products along with the other improvements in this release." Says Mike Wolfinbarger, Vice President, Mobile Development at WDT, Inc. "Over the past four years, we've continually enhanced RadarScope to add features, keep pace with advances in radar and mobile technology, and bring the app to the Mac and Android platforms. We're excited about this release and looking forward to future enhancements to the premiere radar display app for iOS, Mac, and Android."
RadarScope is a specialized display utility for weather enthusiasts and meteorologists that allows mobile, Mac, and iPad users to view NEXRAD radar data and severe weather warnings. It can display the latest reflectivity, velocity, and other radar products from any NEXRAD radar site in the United States, Guam and Puerto Rico. Unlike other weather applications, Radarscope goes beyond displaying smoothed PNG or GIF images, offering instead, real Level 3 and now Level 2 radar data, rendered in its original radial format for a high level of detail. Radarscope is available on the iTunes Store and Google Play. RadarScope for iOS; RadarScope for Android, and RadarScope for Mac.
About Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. (WDT)
Founded in 2000, Weather Decision Technologies is a high technology leader in the weather industry, providing life-safety applications and weather decision support services and systems to our partners and customers. WDT's iMap® services provide dynamic, web-based and mobile interactive mapping solutions for the world's leading local media companies. WDT maintains operational offices in Norman, Oklahoma, and Atlanta, Georgia. Corporate websites: wdtinc.com, weatherops.com and weatherforensics.com.
Latest from News
- Latest iMap® Weather Radio helps individuals prepare for the dangerous storm season upon us
- AgriCharts partners with WDT® to provide iMap® dynamic and interactive weather content
- HailExpress HD™ Offers Hail Reports at Lightning Speed
- iMap Weather Radio Proven To Be Life Saver
- WDT Acquires Base Velocity's Best-Selling RadarScope® Suite of Apps, Expands Mobile Development Team
- Weather Decision Technologies and Earth Networks Partner to Power Advanced Lightning and Severe Weather Alerting Solutions
- iMapWeather Radio and RadarScope Apps Recommended Last Minute Gifts
- WDT to Acquire Base Velocity's Best-Selling RadarScope Suite of Apps, Hires Mobile Development Team
- Realtree Offers Free Outdoor Weather App For iPhone, iPod and iPad
- Metro 50 Award Goes to Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. for the 7th Time
- Hurricane Irene—Forecasting the Impact of Historic Rainfall Levels in iMap
- Hurricane Irene Live NHC Briefings begin Today, Thursday, August 25, 2011
- Live Video Briefings from the National Hurricane Center Now Accessible on Over 600 iMap® Interactive Local Media Hurricane Maps and on iPhones Nationwide
- WDT Launches Hurricane Weatherman—the World's First Reality Weather Game for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Aerialogics Offers Integrated Property-by-Property Hail Data with their Aerial Roof Measurement Reports
- HailTrax Celebrates 10 Years as Gold Standard for Hail Verification for Roofers and Insurance Carriers
- Location-Based Services Helps Power iMapWeather Radio App, Delivering Voice and Text Emergency Alerts Based On A Users Exact Location
- WDT Unveils POLARIS Revolutionary Dual-Pol Weather Radar Hazardous Weather Depiction Solution with Full Super-Resolution
- Be Prepared this Hurricane Season: iMap®Weather Radio App for Hurricanes Now Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Gearing Up for an Active Hurricane Season, iMap® Hurricane Solution Gives Local Media and Enterprises Vital Tools for News Coverage and Resource Protection
- iMap Weather Radio app aids spread of weather crisis data
- iMapWeather Radio FREE Day Hits 185,000 Downloads
- New Severe Weather Warning App, iMapWeather Radio, Free For One Day Only on May 19th
- iMap®Weather Radio App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Now Available
- iMapStream Live on CNN
- Weather Decision Technologies Turbocharges Broadcasters’ Online, Live, Mobile, and Social Weather Content at NAB 2011
- New iMap®Weather Radio App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Unveiled at CTIA
- Aerialogics Selects Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. as Technology Partner; Aerial Measurement Reports to Include ‘HailHistory’ Weather Forensics Data
- WDT, Coaches Aid and Touchstone Energy Cooperatives of Oklahoma Partner to Provide iMap® Live Streaming Video to High Schools
- Managing Hail Storms Just Got Easier for Roofers