The 2012 Linkin Park World Tour, has engaged the services of Weather Decision Technologies®, Inc. (WDT)
By : Weather Decision Technologies
Posted May 15, 2012 07:40 to News
NORMAN, OK, May 15, 2012 - The 2012 Linkin Park World Tour, has engaged the services of Weather Decision Technologies®, Inc. (WDT), Event Safety Alliance corporate sponsor, to provide event-specific meteorological data under its event venue safety model, WeatherOps. As an outsourced expert weather team designed to safeguard attendees, assets and artists, WeatherOps utilizes proprietary data assimilation and forecast generation to steer venue and production management during times of adverse weather.
The band's tour begins May 18th to celebrate the release of their much anticipated new album, "Living Things." During this tour, Linkin Park outdoor venues worldwide will be closely monitored for extraordinary weather events, employing WeatherOps exclusive color-coded system by which decisions regarding tour events, in relation to weather, will be made. In addition to adverse weather, production crews will receive daily updates regarding the forecast in the next tour stop, up to 7 days in advance.
"It's our belief that this technology will help to protect our artists, their fans and those involved with the safe execution of our shows." said Jim Digby, Linkin Park World Tour Manager. "Instant access to a Meteorologist who is in tune with our specific event, date, and time proves invaluable from a protection and a financial standpoint," said Digby.
WDT's WeatherOps team directly supports touring artists, venue managers and production companies, varying the information disseminated based on the specific need of each client. Forecasts and alerts are provided to the client via internet, SMS, mobile apps, mobile push alerts and direct phone access to a Meteorologist 24/7. WeatherOps boasts the highest resolution weather models in the industry, backed by a staff of 75, of which 35 hold Masters to PhD level credentials.
"This is an exciting opportunity for the WeatherOps portion of our business. High profile productions such as Linkin Park require a comprehensive alerting and forecast package and we're thrilled to have them onboard for their 2012 World Tour," said Mike Eilts, President & CEO of WDT.
About Linkin Park
Linkin Park is a Grammy-Award-winning, multi-platinum alternative rock band comprised of lead vocalist, Chester Bennington, drummer/percussionist, Rob Bourdon, guitarist Brad Delson, bassist Dave 'Phoenix' Farrell, DJ, programmer Joe Hahn and Mike Shinoda - lead vocals, keyboards, guitar. The band has sold over 50 million albums worldwide, and had four #1 albums on the Billboard 200. Linkin Park is the biggest band on Facebook - with over 40 million fans and counting, and has received over 850,000,000 YouTube views. In 2005, Linkin Park founded Music For Relief, a 501c3 non-profit organization that has raised over 5 million dollars for victims of natural disasters. The band is currently gearing up to release their fifth studio album, LIVING THINGS (Machine Shop Recordings / Warner Bros) on June 26, 2012. Rolling Stone magazine says, "The material is the bands most powerful since its megahit 2000 debut."
About the Event Safety Alliance (ESA)
A wide-ranging group of industry veterans came together to form the Event Safety Alliance. These individuals include staging and temporary structure manufacturers and engineers, event safety and security directors, artist production managers, private meteorological services, equipment manufacturers, industry safety training directors, event riggers, venue managers, industry standards writers, industry insurance professionals and industry attorneys. Organization website: eventsafetyalliance.org
About Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. (WDT)
Founded in 2000, Weather Decision Technologies has become a global leader in providing state-of-the-science weather detection, nowcasting, and forecasting systems and services to our partners and customers. WDT's iMap services provide dynamic, web-based and mobile interactive mapping solutions for the world's leading local media companies. WDT is headquartered in Norman, Oklahoma. Corporate websites: WDTinc.com, WeatherOps.com and WeatherForensics.com.
Latest from News
- Latest iMap® Weather Radio helps individuals prepare for the dangerous storm season upon us
- AgriCharts partners with WDT® to provide iMap® dynamic and interactive weather content
- HailExpress HD™ Offers Hail Reports at Lightning Speed
- iMap Weather Radio Proven To Be Life Saver
- WDT Acquires Base Velocity's Best-Selling RadarScope® Suite of Apps, Expands Mobile Development Team
- Weather Decision Technologies and Earth Networks Partner to Power Advanced Lightning and Severe Weather Alerting Solutions
- iMapWeather Radio and RadarScope Apps Recommended Last Minute Gifts
- WDT to Acquire Base Velocity's Best-Selling RadarScope Suite of Apps, Hires Mobile Development Team
- Realtree Offers Free Outdoor Weather App For iPhone, iPod and iPad
- Metro 50 Award Goes to Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. for the 7th Time
- Hurricane Irene—Forecasting the Impact of Historic Rainfall Levels in iMap
- Hurricane Irene Live NHC Briefings begin Today, Thursday, August 25, 2011
- Live Video Briefings from the National Hurricane Center Now Accessible on Over 600 iMap® Interactive Local Media Hurricane Maps and on iPhones Nationwide
- WDT Launches Hurricane Weatherman—the World's First Reality Weather Game for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Aerialogics Offers Integrated Property-by-Property Hail Data with their Aerial Roof Measurement Reports
- HailTrax Celebrates 10 Years as Gold Standard for Hail Verification for Roofers and Insurance Carriers
- Location-Based Services Helps Power iMapWeather Radio App, Delivering Voice and Text Emergency Alerts Based On A Users Exact Location
- WDT Unveils POLARIS Revolutionary Dual-Pol Weather Radar Hazardous Weather Depiction Solution with Full Super-Resolution
- Be Prepared this Hurricane Season: iMap®Weather Radio App for Hurricanes Now Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Gearing Up for an Active Hurricane Season, iMap® Hurricane Solution Gives Local Media and Enterprises Vital Tools for News Coverage and Resource Protection
- iMap Weather Radio app aids spread of weather crisis data
- iMapWeather Radio FREE Day Hits 185,000 Downloads
- New Severe Weather Warning App, iMapWeather Radio, Free For One Day Only on May 19th
- iMap®Weather Radio App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Now Available
- iMapStream Live on CNN
- Weather Decision Technologies Turbocharges Broadcasters’ Online, Live, Mobile, and Social Weather Content at NAB 2011
- New iMap®Weather Radio App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Unveiled at CTIA
- Aerialogics Selects Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. as Technology Partner; Aerial Measurement Reports to Include ‘HailHistory’ Weather Forensics Data
- WDT, Coaches Aid and Touchstone Energy Cooperatives of Oklahoma Partner to Provide iMap® Live Streaming Video to High Schools
- Managing Hail Storms Just Got Easier for Roofers