HailExpress HD™ Offers Hail Reports at Lightning Speed
By : Weather Decision Technologies
Posted February 22, 2012 07:12 to News
Norman, OK, February 22, 2012 – Weather industry leader Weather Decision Technologies® (WDT) today unveiled HailExpress HD™, the next generation of HailExpress™, a service that provides hailswath and hail size visualization on an interactive map. HailExpress HD’s interactive mapping allows customers to assess possible hail damage within minutes of a hail storm event or for events that have occurred in the past.
WDT is the undisputed pioneer and leader in hail fall and hail size verification reports and services including HailTrax™, HailAnalysis™ and HailHistory™. This latest release of HailExpress HD provides faster access, better resolution, and improved tools to integrate customer information with the mapped hail data. HailExpress HD remains the only nationwide service providing hail fall and size data overlaid on Google Earth to provide an interactive map for all hail events, no matter how small, so that all opportunities to serve those impacted by hail can be addressed.
With HailExpress HD, customers have access to hail fall and size information at the onset of the storm and it updates automatically every five minutes. In addition, HailExpress HD offers more hail size contours than ever before. Contours for hail start at three-quarters of an inch, and increase by quarter-of-an-inch increments, up to four inches in diameter.
Other key features and differentiators of HailExpress HD include:
- Eliminates missed hail events or poorly mapped storm paths due to radar outages by using nationwide overlapping radar coverage.
- Color coded hailswaths allow quick identification of the most significant hail areas.
- Easy and intuitive Google Earth interface with familiar panning and zooming navigation tools.
- Rapid updates allow quick determination of potential hail impact in metro areas even before the first hail report is received from the National Weather Service.
- Human observations of hail are conspicuously plotted on each map, and each hail report can be easily interrogated for time and location information with a click of the mouse.
- Convenient calendar control to quickly access data of interests, monitor subscription status or extend subscription term.
- Download KMZ files for use in Google Earth on a computer. Allows overlaying of multiple storm dates or a customer’s own data, in addition to easy printing.
Customers can order HailExpressHD on weatherforensics.com after account registration. Once registered, customers must login and select “Order HailExpress” option, and may choose a single day or subscription service and region(s) of interest. After purchasing, the HailExpress data is available instantly.
“With almost 10 years’ experience in providing forensics weather reports to industry leaders in the Insurance community and to the construction and restoration folks who strive to address those in need after a damaging weather event, we continue to believe that our customers want and deserve the best that science can provide. Building on resources and capabilities cultivated over the years in a myriad of industries WDT serves as well as the relationships we have with the National Severe Storms Laboratory, and the research community at Universities across the U.S. uniquely positions us to provide best in class products and services.” said David VandenHeuvel, Sr. Vice President, Enterprise Solutions, WDT.
HailExpress HD services are available for purchase on line at any time covering 24 hour periods starting at 7am CDT. Users can enjoy access to continuously updating data as the day progresses, and are provided with perpetual access to their selected 24-hour time period, even after the period ends.
The same world class ordering, backend, and Google Earth systems is used for HailExpress HD as for its predecessor, HailExpress.
About Weather Decision Technologies
Founded in 2000, Weather Decision Technologies has become a global leader in providing state-of-the-science weather detection, nowcasting, and forecasting systems and services to our partners and customers. WDT's iMap services provide dynamic, web-based and mobile interactive applications and mapping solutions for the world's leading local media companies and consumers. WDT is headquartered in Norman, Oklahoma. wdtinc.com and weatherforensics.com.
1 Comments - comments rss
Add a comment
Latest from News
- Latest iMap® Weather Radio helps individuals prepare for the dangerous storm season upon us
- AgriCharts partners with WDT® to provide iMap® dynamic and interactive weather content
- HailExpress HD™ Offers Hail Reports at Lightning Speed
- iMap Weather Radio Proven To Be Life Saver
- WDT Acquires Base Velocity's Best-Selling RadarScope® Suite of Apps, Expands Mobile Development Team
- Weather Decision Technologies and Earth Networks Partner to Power Advanced Lightning and Severe Weather Alerting Solutions
- iMapWeather Radio and RadarScope Apps Recommended Last Minute Gifts
- WDT to Acquire Base Velocity's Best-Selling RadarScope Suite of Apps, Hires Mobile Development Team
- Realtree Offers Free Outdoor Weather App For iPhone, iPod and iPad
- Metro 50 Award Goes to Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. for the 7th Time
- Hurricane Irene—Forecasting the Impact of Historic Rainfall Levels in iMap
- Hurricane Irene Live NHC Briefings begin Today, Thursday, August 25, 2011
- Live Video Briefings from the National Hurricane Center Now Accessible on Over 600 iMap® Interactive Local Media Hurricane Maps and on iPhones Nationwide
- WDT Launches Hurricane Weatherman—the World's First Reality Weather Game for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Aerialogics Offers Integrated Property-by-Property Hail Data with their Aerial Roof Measurement Reports
- HailTrax Celebrates 10 Years as Gold Standard for Hail Verification for Roofers and Insurance Carriers
- Location-Based Services Helps Power iMapWeather Radio App, Delivering Voice and Text Emergency Alerts Based On A Users Exact Location
- WDT Unveils POLARIS Revolutionary Dual-Pol Weather Radar Hazardous Weather Depiction Solution with Full Super-Resolution
- Be Prepared this Hurricane Season: iMap®Weather Radio App for Hurricanes Now Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Gearing Up for an Active Hurricane Season, iMap® Hurricane Solution Gives Local Media and Enterprises Vital Tools for News Coverage and Resource Protection
- iMap Weather Radio app aids spread of weather crisis data
- iMapWeather Radio FREE Day Hits 185,000 Downloads
- New Severe Weather Warning App, iMapWeather Radio, Free For One Day Only on May 19th
- iMap®Weather Radio App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Now Available
- iMapStream Live on CNN
- Weather Decision Technologies Turbocharges Broadcasters’ Online, Live, Mobile, and Social Weather Content at NAB 2011
- New iMap®Weather Radio App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Unveiled at CTIA
- Aerialogics Selects Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. as Technology Partner; Aerial Measurement Reports to Include ‘HailHistory’ Weather Forensics Data
- WDT, Coaches Aid and Touchstone Energy Cooperatives of Oklahoma Partner to Provide iMap® Live Streaming Video to High Schools
- Managing Hail Storms Just Got Easier for Roofers