Gearing Up for an Active Hurricane Season, iMap® Hurricane Solution Gives Local Media and Enterprises Vital Tools for News Coverage and Resource Protection
By : Matthew Piette, Chief Marketing Officer
Posted June 01, 2011 16:01 to News
iMap offers a full suite of advanced hurricane features for on-air, online, and on-the-go applications, including live broadcast tools, storm tracker live video streaming, and mobile weather radio alerts, as well as 24/7 Weather Support to protect enterprise resources in danger zones.
Norman, OK - June 1, 2011 – With high prospects for Hurricanes this year and NOAA scientists predicting an above normal hurricane season, weather leader Weather Decision Technologies, Inc., is providing a vital toolkit of emergency weather and impact information to local newspaper, radio, and television websites. The company is also providing 24/7 expert meteorologist weather support for local enterprises located in hurricane-prone zones.
iMap Hurricane interactive solutions come “pre-loaded” in an embedded iMapInteractive weather map, with a dedicated Tropical control set. The full menu of hurricane data sets includes:
- Highly accurate, interactive forecast path and error cone data, which is rapidly auto-updated;
- Dynamic “spaghetti” hurricane models, displaying the forecasted track of tropical storms or hurricanes analyzed against more than 10 separate models;
- Infrared satellite images, showing clouds by their temperature – bright white areas indicate cold (high) cloud tops – updated every 30 minutes;
- Coastal marine watches and warnings and detailed ship and buoy reports, with more than 2,500 offshore locations;
- An embeddable live storm tracker video stream feature called iMapTracker giving stations the ability to stream breaking news video directly into the iMap weather map;
- A hurricane threat assessment tool (HAZUS) offering detailed visualizations and predicted economic impact caused by damage to residences and businesses, based on the most current storm track
- Dynamic, fast-access forecast and position balloons, offering up-to the minute forecast information on the iMap weather map, based on precise locations which may be explored anywhere on the Google-based map.
iMapWeather Radio Tropical Watches and Warnings for Mobile
For mobile users, WDT offers iPhone users the iMapWeather Radio mobile application, which displays severe weather layers, including the “cone of probability” for hurricanes. Users can view the cone in relation to their current location and saved locations. The application is brandable by stations, and allows users to receive weather alerts such as: hurricane and typhoon watches and warnings; hurricane force wind watches and warnings; inland hurricane and tropical watches and warnings; and hurricane and typhoon statements. Since hurricanes may spawn other forms of violent weather, the application also provides a wide variety of additional alerts such as flash floods and severe thunderstorms.
Enterprise-Level Weather Support in Hurricane Zones
WDT and its partner ImpactWeather are offering enterprises the opportunity to receive custom forecasts for their businesses. ImpactWeather helps clients avoid increased costs brought on by the failure to pre-deploy, reassign or protect resources in a timely fashion when faced by severe weather events.
"WDT provides groundbreaking access to hurricane data, giving media companies the opportunity to reach more people with this vital information, and assists businesses looking to protect human resources and material assets," said Mike Eilts, President and CEO, WDT.
For more information on iMapHurricane: http://wdtinc.com/pages/imaphurricane. For more information on iMapWeather Radio: http://imapweatherradio.com. For iMap sales and 24/7 weather support for Hurricane season, contact Mike Gauthier at phone (405) 579-7675 ext. 233, or email@example.com.
About Weather Decision Technologies, Inc.
0 Comments - comments rss
Add a comment
Latest from News
- Latest iMap® Weather Radio helps individuals prepare for the dangerous storm season upon us
- AgriCharts partners with WDT® to provide iMap® dynamic and interactive weather content
- HailExpress HD™ Offers Hail Reports at Lightning Speed
- iMap Weather Radio Proven To Be Life Saver
- WDT Acquires Base Velocity's Best-Selling RadarScope® Suite of Apps, Expands Mobile Development Team
- Weather Decision Technologies and Earth Networks Partner to Power Advanced Lightning and Severe Weather Alerting Solutions
- iMapWeather Radio and RadarScope Apps Recommended Last Minute Gifts
- WDT to Acquire Base Velocity's Best-Selling RadarScope Suite of Apps, Hires Mobile Development Team
- Realtree Offers Free Outdoor Weather App For iPhone, iPod and iPad
- Metro 50 Award Goes to Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. for the 7th Time
- Hurricane Irene—Forecasting the Impact of Historic Rainfall Levels in iMap
- Hurricane Irene Live NHC Briefings begin Today, Thursday, August 25, 2011
- Live Video Briefings from the National Hurricane Center Now Accessible on Over 600 iMap® Interactive Local Media Hurricane Maps and on iPhones Nationwide
- WDT Launches Hurricane Weatherman—the World's First Reality Weather Game for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Aerialogics Offers Integrated Property-by-Property Hail Data with their Aerial Roof Measurement Reports
- HailTrax Celebrates 10 Years as Gold Standard for Hail Verification for Roofers and Insurance Carriers
- Location-Based Services Helps Power iMapWeather Radio App, Delivering Voice and Text Emergency Alerts Based On A Users Exact Location
- WDT Unveils POLARIS Revolutionary Dual-Pol Weather Radar Hazardous Weather Depiction Solution with Full Super-Resolution
- Be Prepared this Hurricane Season: iMap®Weather Radio App for Hurricanes Now Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Gearing Up for an Active Hurricane Season, iMap® Hurricane Solution Gives Local Media and Enterprises Vital Tools for News Coverage and Resource Protection
- iMap Weather Radio app aids spread of weather crisis data
- iMapWeather Radio FREE Day Hits 185,000 Downloads
- New Severe Weather Warning App, iMapWeather Radio, Free For One Day Only on May 19th
- iMap®Weather Radio App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Now Available
- iMapStream Live on CNN
- Weather Decision Technologies Turbocharges Broadcasters’ Online, Live, Mobile, and Social Weather Content at NAB 2011
- New iMap®Weather Radio App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Unveiled at CTIA
- Aerialogics Selects Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. as Technology Partner; Aerial Measurement Reports to Include ‘HailHistory’ Weather Forensics Data
- WDT, Coaches Aid and Touchstone Energy Cooperatives of Oklahoma Partner to Provide iMap® Live Streaming Video to High Schools
- Managing Hail Storms Just Got Easier for Roofers