Security Networks enhances security offering with weather alerts
By : Security Systems News-February 19, 2009
Posted February 19, 2009 23:24 to Articles
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla.--Super-regional alarm company Security Networks announced Feb. 2 a new weather notification service that will offer valuable information to its customers and increase RMR.
What's going on outside, whether its another sunny day, or a record-breaking snowfall, is important to homeowners and businesses, said Rich Perry, CEO of Security Networks. "We protect our customers and this is another form of security," he said. "I'm always looking for value-added products to offer to existing and new customers to enhance our security offering and I thought this was a bulls-eye in terms of that goal."
The service is provided by Weather Decision Technologies, a weather forecasting company, which showcased its weather notification service at the ASIS show in September. The service is designed for residential alarm companies to sell to their customers and is built on the idea that today's consumers want more from their home security systems.
Security Networks' customers can sign up for two levels of alerts, a basic forecast or a more advanced warning system for severe weather. The alerts are sent via text or email.
Perry said his company beta-tested the system for 60 days and has rolled the offering out over the past couple months. “It puts me in front of my customers every day,” Perry said. “They see our name and our logo. It’s not a passive service, it’s a service they get on a daily basis.”
Perry said customers would get “a great value for the incremental cost of the added service.” He expects the weather alerts will make people and businesses value their alarm systems more and reduce ncellations.
Security Networks has about 45,000 accounts and offices in 15 states. All are located east of the Mississippi, with the exception of some accounts in Texas.Mike Eilts president of Weather Decision Technologies said “what we’ve done for Rich Perry is the first of what we hope to build for many security companies. The alerts will bear the security company's logo, its advertising and customized messages. Text-to-voice messages, which the Security Networks system has for tornado alerts, will say this message is brought to you by Security Networks.
"The service is white-labeled," Eilts said. "The intent is to build it so each security company can provide alerts in the form and function, and with the look and feel they want them to have." WDT has been around for a decade and provides weather information to a number of non-security clients including FOX news.
0 Comments - comments rss
Add a comment
Latest from Articles
- Latest iMap® Weather Radio helps individuals prepare for the dangerous storm season upon us
- AgriCharts partners with WDT® to provide iMap® dynamic and interactive weather content
- HailExpress HD™ Offers Hail Reports at Lightning Speed
- iMap Weather Radio Proven To Be Life Saver
- WDT Acquires Base Velocity's Best-Selling RadarScope® Suite of Apps, Expands Mobile Development Team
- Weather Decision Technologies and Earth Networks Partner to Power Advanced Lightning and Severe Weather Alerting Solutions
- iMapWeather Radio and RadarScope Apps Recommended Last Minute Gifts
- WDT to Acquire Base Velocity's Best-Selling RadarScope Suite of Apps, Hires Mobile Development Team
- Realtree Offers Free Outdoor Weather App For iPhone, iPod and iPad
- Metro 50 Award Goes to Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. for the 7th Time
- Hurricane Irene—Forecasting the Impact of Historic Rainfall Levels in iMap
- Hurricane Irene Live NHC Briefings begin Today, Thursday, August 25, 2011
- Live Video Briefings from the National Hurricane Center Now Accessible on Over 600 iMap® Interactive Local Media Hurricane Maps and on iPhones Nationwide
- WDT Launches Hurricane Weatherman—the World's First Reality Weather Game for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Aerialogics Offers Integrated Property-by-Property Hail Data with their Aerial Roof Measurement Reports
- HailTrax Celebrates 10 Years as Gold Standard for Hail Verification for Roofers and Insurance Carriers
- Location-Based Services Helps Power iMapWeather Radio App, Delivering Voice and Text Emergency Alerts Based On A Users Exact Location
- WDT Unveils POLARIS Revolutionary Dual-Pol Weather Radar Hazardous Weather Depiction Solution with Full Super-Resolution
- Be Prepared this Hurricane Season: iMap®Weather Radio App for Hurricanes Now Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Gearing Up for an Active Hurricane Season, iMap® Hurricane Solution Gives Local Media and Enterprises Vital Tools for News Coverage and Resource Protection
- iMap Weather Radio app aids spread of weather crisis data
- iMapWeather Radio FREE Day Hits 185,000 Downloads
- New Severe Weather Warning App, iMapWeather Radio, Free For One Day Only on May 19th
- iMap®Weather Radio App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Now Available
- iMapStream Live on CNN
- Weather Decision Technologies Turbocharges Broadcasters’ Online, Live, Mobile, and Social Weather Content at NAB 2011
- New iMap®Weather Radio App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Unveiled at CTIA
- Aerialogics Selects Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. as Technology Partner; Aerial Measurement Reports to Include ‘HailHistory’ Weather Forensics Data
- WDT, Coaches Aid and Touchstone Energy Cooperatives of Oklahoma Partner to Provide iMap® Live Streaming Video to High Schools
- Managing Hail Storms Just Got Easier for Roofers