Real-time Storm Chase Video Online and On-Air
The iMapTracker allows users to follow and explore severe weather and tornadic activity, by tracking storm chaser vehicles. WDT’s network of chasers includes some of the country's best and most experienced in the market.
With iMapTracker, your company can provide exciting live, breaking news coverage of tornadoes and other hazardous weather phenomena, while building loyal web traffic, and time spent on your site.
iMapTracker’s chase teams intercept severe convective weather (tornadoes, hail, damaging winds), hurricanes, and winter weather events. WDT’s network of chasers includes some of the country’s best and most experienced in the market, and their footage is sure to have your on-air and interactive audiences glued to their screens!
Increase audience interaction and radically boost average time-on-site with iMapTracker. Enrich your on-air broadcasts and trump the competition by providing breaking news footage as it happens!
- Step television viewers through every aspect of the tornadoes being witnessed by WDT’s chaser network via the iMapLive! on-air presentation tool
- Provide live transmissions from moving vehicles as they track severe storms, live streaming videos online, and real-time Twitter feeds
- Stream other real-time weather events, such as hurricanes, ice storms, forest fires, and breaking news events, to global audiences
- Hook into the iMapTracker network with your own crews and crews using the same platform and streaming technology
- Receive video storm reports with clips of recent severe weather events within minutes of seeing them live
- Leverage our social-networking submission tools with ad/branding opportunities and links back to your own storm chaser page
iMapTracker Key Features
iMapTracker live video footage is made possible through professional storm chasing vehicles and some of the best chasers in the business, equipped with GPS devices and video cameras linked to the Internet, allowing viewers to track storm chaser locations while also getting live streaming video as the weather event happens.
- Justin.tv, the largest live video site on the Web, provides the live streaming technology that allows viewers to view the storm chasing activities as they happen
- Your viewers can click on the vehicle icons on your interactive map to open a window that displays live video, pictures, and vehicle location data from the storm chaser teams in the field
- Controls in the upper left hand side of the screen allow viewers to control a range of options, including zoom and view preference
- Car locations are indicated within iMap as an icon at their location, and viewers can click on the icon to view the streaming video
- WDT meteorologists monitor the live streams and create <1 minute video clips from the most interesting video and place icons on the map at the location the video was taken