Revolutionary Distributed Computing System
WDT's SWARM architecture is a revolutionary distributed computing system which allows our clients to zoom down to the street level and provide amazingly granular map-based data to digital audiences.
While other older systems today serve up "boxed" data, bound by latitude and longitude with little to no scalability, WDT's highly flexible SWARM system is infinitely flexible.
WDT not only offers breathtakingly detailed zoom levels to depict any conceivable form of dynamic weather data on a map (examples include weather radar, temperature, model and forecast data, UV indexes, global satellite) but it also gives clients the ability to present an incredible array of detailed data sets in real-time.
- Local stations can configure the map to display static road layers, political boundaries, or any number of geo-specific data types, on demand, anywhere across the planet.
- Even better, WDT's SWARM does this in a highly efficient manner, through its unique, tiled approach to serving data.
- This means rapid and efficient access to data even in heavy weather situations like when the next Hurricane hits the Eastern Seaboard or the Gulf.
- SWARM lets users quickly drill down into the precise data they are looking for on a map, down to the street level, easily and efficiently.
- Because WDT holds this highly complex, multi-layered tiled data all in memory, the SWARM system can respond with lightning speed to web-based page queries and return tiles from CDN cache without having to remake these tiles each time. The result? A hugely scalable system that uses significantly less power and less server capacity, particularly when major events such as Hurricanes and severe weather patterns place enormous repeated demands on server capacity and threaten delays or interruptions in data delivery.
- The real magic behind SWARM is WDT's uniquely distributed system, which is optimized not only for data dissemination, but for data interrogation and processing, as well as other, as yet un-thought-of processes which will emerge in the future.
- Because of this cutting edge tiling technology, users get an enhanced user experience and the timely data they need while they probe dynamic data maps.
- Due to its extensible nature, WDT sees SWARM becoming the gold standard for fully redundant weather systems for large-scale media enterprises.